Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Advice

New Media has become more and more a part of our environment and is rapidly growing.
Baruch College is very up to date with new media in the sense of creating an environment that is modernized. As a student, I can always count on finding a MacBook or camera to do my homework and keep up with the changes in media.
Baruch being a business school it is important to keep the students up to date with new media and technology as our future jobs consist of this.
I would incorporate some more classes that truly teach more on of the new media and digital side.
A course like CIS 3810 truly challenges ones technology skills and I strongly believe we need more of that. This may need to start with a course in class where one is taught the ins and outs of our Ethernet and ways to incorporate it with what we are learning.
I find social media to be a big jump for education. However, Twitter has been a huge part of two classes I have taken and I think it would be great to continue to have it. I would add a twitter hotline where one can get tutored, mentored and assisted on twitter.
Baruch can have a twitter hotline.
I think this is all about new media but is truly helpful to students who need assistance with certain areas. This can help improve learning and make the learning process fun. Many students can see it and it can be a platform. I would think eventually a hotline per course can then be created and separated by hashtags.
This is a great project to have. It can also be used as an internship where students can be tutor "certified" and be one of the people to control the twitter hotlines. This way it is not hurting Baruch's budget but it is an opportunity for an internship for students and can have tutoring accessible at all times.

1 comment:

  1. This is a very interesting idea that you posted. I think Twitter Hotline would be a great tool for students since we are constantly waiting on long lines to speak to individuals and also getting the answers we want. However, the only challenge I foresee are the character restriction on Twitter. I feel that sometimes this may limit the amount we can say, explain, and more to the student. Hence, it may not be as helpful unless it can be easily explained with the character limit. But I agree with you that Baruch College as a school can incorporate more courses, programs, or lessons on technology and its uses.

    ReplyDelete