Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Modeling Reality with Virtual Worlds



Virtual worlds can be used in many ways. Two of the ways shown in the two articles I reviewed were a virtual tour of a hotel that once was very different looking and another article in which a virtual game was created for Autistic individuals.
What was amazing about the video game created is that it helps with autism spectrum disorders by having a creative environment but also assisting on social behaviour. My worry with this is if the individuals would make this a safe place and not be able to connect it to the real world. This article on CNN, it explains  this can help social skills which is exciting, however, I do hope it does not challengle them.

I am not too sure what the future of virtual worlds will look like however I am more than sure they will become more and more realistic. Many individuals escape in to virtual worlds. I do believe things will become very much like avatar where people can close their eyes and escape.
In the article, In Room 100, It’s Sid and Nancy All Over Again By 

No comments:

Post a Comment